Saturday, February 13, 2010

Persephone and the Kidnapping by Hades

This is my entry for the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Contest. I hope you like it!
(This is also my 100th post! Yay!)
One day, in the garden of Demeter, Persephone was busy turning dead weeds into bright, beautiful flowers.

She was a gorgeous girl, with sparkly hazel eyes and curly brown hair.

Then all of a sudden, Hades, god of the underworld, swooped down and grabbed Persephone.

"Hey! Get off of me! Let me go!" She screamed.

"No! I will take you down to the underworld where you can stay with me!" Hades answered.

He grabbed her hand and transported her to the underworld, into the darkest realms of his kingdom.

"Welcome to my kingdom! Do you like my palace?" He asked.

"No! It's horrible and dark and full of despair!" Persephone frantically screamed at him.

"Humph. Well just stop screaming and like it!!!!" He yelled.
"You can return to the world above every spring but you will always return back here," he explained.

"Ohhhhhh!!!!!! What ever it's no use trying to escape! Just tell my mother, Demeter about it- she'll try to blast you to bits!!"


And every since then, Persephone has been the reason of Spring and Summer by traveling to visit her mother Demeter, who caused the seasons by her happiness in seeing Persephone.

I hoped you enjoyed this photostory!

~Gabby

4 comments:

TheHallucinatingGiraffe said...

Wow! Great story!! Rebecca makes a great Persephone.
I liked the movie too, even though it was waay different from the book! :)
~Madison, Alex, and Chrissa

Avery Voisin said...

Nice job, I love the costumes and story. Congrats on 100 posts, too!

Gabby said...

Thanks! I had a lot of fun making the costumes and taking the photos. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

~Gabby

Sierra said...

that was really good I also like the costumes and choice of who plays who!