Sunday, February 13, 2011

Kaya

Hey! This is a post dedicated to Kaya. Just because.


Just because I think a lot of people need to pay attention to her more. I also think she is just gorgeous. 


I think a lot of people don't like her as much because she just is different.
When I say different I mean, like she has her mouth closed etc. Which honestly, I just think make's her look prettier.


She's overlooked a lot, because 'she's not as glamourous' as a MAG or Julie or Ruthie. Whatever it is, she's just not that popular. 


I think she should be though, her books are amazing, and she has great spirit and determination. I also think she's very down to earth and get this she makes mistakes


Also, many people just don't like her. I think this also has to do with AG's marketing. They don't put a lot of effort into Kaya- something I can understand. Native American's typically did not have a wardrobe of glamourous dresses and sparkly shoes. Something that many other Historical's have.


But I say this, if you want Kaya get her. She's cute and indescribably awesome. Although, be sure you know how to take care of long hair!


~Gabby



7 comments:

Emma Kate said...

I agree. Kaya is a great doll, but they don't pay much attention to her.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I agree. Kaya is a beautiful doll. So beautiful. I saw her at American Girl Place, and knew that she was beautiful. I love her closed mouth. It makes her seem more beautiful and calm than the other dolls. What a beautiful Kaya you have!

~Carolyn

Caelen said...

Kaya is really pretty!! :)
I like Kaya, when I did that post on my blog I was trying to raise the same point as you.
~Caelen12

Katie said...

Kaya is awesome! I always felt that Kirsten and Kaya, but especially Kaya, were under-marketed, probably because of their non-glamorous clothes.

Munch said...

Kaya really is a beautiful doll. I think it is so cool you have a post dedicated to her. She really deserves it!

M and M said...

Kaya is one of my favs

Brittany/Rebecca said...

My sister has that doll, and I would play with her more (I really would!) if she was in good shape. Her hair.. oh, it's the worst mess I've ever seen. You can't do practically anything with it! Her limbs are super loose, and she has marks all over her. I know how to fix her, but my sister won't let me... :(

Your Kaya looks perfect... my sister's doesn't. I really don't know what to do!!!