Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mini Monet

Hello, hello, hello! I am super duper happy, or well in a good mood. I had some chocolate cake, signed up for a Photography and Improv camp, played some Fur Elise practically perfectly, and am listening to Sara Bareilles (and Erin McCarley and Lenka). Life is good. :-)


Anywho, how have you been? It's been about a couple days since I last posted and I've missed you all! So, you are probably wondering about my post title. Well, about three weeks ago my art teacher gave us the task of creating a landscape most like Monet's impressionism. She gave us a mini canvas, and then when it was time to display them, a mini easel to match. 
Kaya is my little artist. She loves the outdoors as well as horses, but I feel like she has a creative side too, I think she is like me a little. Kaya is adorable, and to me, is one heck of an artist.

Okay, so I painted it, but Kaya was putting some last finished touches on it. See, my art teacher said the Monet layered his paint and created a texture to the painting. In the end, he would come up with a painting deep with light and shadow. Although my painting is far from that, I like to imagine it as a simple landscape of Cape Cod's Coast (see the lighthouse?). Not that I've ever been there, but I hear it's gorgeous.

Here's another view of the painting. I think I did a really nice job on it and I am so glad it's doll sized too! Do have any doll sized artwork? Or perhaps doll sized art supplies not from AG?


~Gabby

11 comments:

Katrina said...

I LOVE the painting, Gabby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS love the new backround/header

Emma said...

WHOA! That's an amazing picture, Gabby!!! It's really quite impressive!! Those are some great pictures you took! Oh, I LOVE Sara Bareilles, especially her son "King of Anything". Also, I LOVE the new look! It's so, so, so SPRINGISH!!! The pictures of Felicity are great, and your background is so cute! I voted on your poll for Doll School, though I don't have it. I REEEEEALY want it, though! :) Keep it up, Gabby!

~*Emma and her dolls*~

Caelen said...

I like the painting too! :)
~Caelen

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job on your painting .. I have been to cape cod and it really does remind me of the ocean and lighthouse .. beautiful job ..

Keep up the good work ..

American Girl Dolls Rock!! said...

That is such a cute picture!!

Phoebe said...

Wow! You are so talented, Gabby!

Leanna said...

You are really good at painting Gabby! If I was your Art Teacher, I'd give you an A+++++++++ and more pluses. :-)

~Leanna

Brittany/Rebecca said...

Hello!

I just started reading your blog today, and I think you do a really great job. You're good at photography.

I have to say, you're a pretty talented artist. I couldn't do something like that! I've never been good at painting, only drawing, at not very good at that.

Thanks for reading my comment,

Brittany

Mia said...

Awesome, Gabby!! Cape Cod was a great idea! :) Kaya IS very adorable, I want to get either her or MAG Light skin, blond hair, blue eyes. She's SO glamorous, and Kaya's so ADORABLE! I just can't decide. :)

Emma Kate said...

I love your new Spring design! I think I am the first one who realized it!

Gabby said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments!