Friday, May 20, 2011

Liberty Jane Spring Collection: Yay or Nay?

Hey! So I know many of you love Liberty Jane Clothing, especially their shoes and separates, but have you ever bought a Spring or Fall line collection outfit? For the past 2 years, LJC has made International inspired outfits. It's not finished yet, but do you like their current outfits in their Spring Collection?


The first two outfits released in the European collection is Euro Libby: Sorrento. The outfit was inspired by Sorrento, Italy. Included in an embroidered black top, jeans shorts, and cute ballet flats with lace detail. The  thread on the shirt looks hand embroidered, but it could also be ribbon. It's also currently on eBay for $55.00, but it doesn't look worth that high of a price. Also, I feel that the only original piece in this look is the top. So, Yay or Nay? Nay.

The second outfit released was Euro Libby: Salina- based on Salina, Italy. This outfit includes a fun, flowered sundress, a beaded necklace, and silver strappy sandals. I personally think this set is adorable! This cute dress reminds me of some place warm and sunny, yet a bit old fashioned and beautiful- like Italy. Although I think it's a bit overpriced (it's currently at $55.00 on eBay), but definitely adorable. So, Yay or Nay? Yay!

The first outfit released in the Malibu line was Malibu Libby: Ready for Ruby's. The outfit is totally in style in California- and the rest of the US, but does it win over with me? Well, I like the style, but the only interesting piece in the outfit is the flowered tank top. It's currently at $61.00- way too much (in my opinion) for an outfit that doesn't even include shoes. I like it, but not love it. So, Yay or Nay? Nay.

This first look in the Caribbean line is Caribbean Libby: Sandy Lane. Sandy Lane includes a tropical, floral sundress, a simple black tank top for layering, and a silver charm necklace. I personally love this look! It's so cute and funky, with fresh and bold colors (although no shoes :-( ). It's perfect for the Caribbean and I love how it looks on Jess! It's a bit pricey at $57.00 right now, but still adorable. So, Yay or Nay? Yay!

But what do you think? I will totally do more of these posts when 4 more outfits are released, but I look forward to posting some of your comments about these looks on a new post!
~Gabby

9 comments:

Chloe said...

I really like sandy lane and malibu libby. I haven't ever boguht one because thay get really exspensive.

Caelen said...

Honestly, I don't like the first "Malibu Libby" outfit that much and I think the second "Euro Libby" outfit is okay, but that's just my opinion. Though I like the others so, I guess Yay.
~Caelen

Kenzie said...

Wow! I love all of those!:D

I want to make one of those outfits for my dolls!

Great jog Gabby!:D

Emma said...

I love Liberty Jane, but I must say I'm a bit unimmpressed with a few parts of each outfit, but there are also parts of each outfit I like, too. The jeans in the Sorrento one are cute, but I'm not crazy about the shirt and shoes. I love everything about the Salina one, but the fact that the Malibu oine doesn't even have shoes is lame, and I only like the jeans and flowered tank. Sandy Lane is adorable all around, though! :) Cool post, Gabby!

~*Emma*~

Caeleigh said...

YAY!! I love them! They're so life-like and I could totally see people walking around with that fasion on.

Wendy said...

I like them all. They're all really cute and stylish, but they're not very unique when compared with previous outfits LJ has released. Their clothes have been going for higher prices than I can afford for a long time, but I still love to look.

The thing with LJ is that about 60% of what people pay for an outfit is for the actual outfit, and about 40% is for the "designer" name attached.

I have three LJ outfits from a few years back when they were BINs. I love them to bits, and maybe someday when I'm in a better place financially I'll add more. Until then, I'm happy with what I have and with getting pieces from All Dolled Up based on LJ patterns. =)

Liv said...

I agree With you! Some of the outfits, seem like something American Girl would make, not LJC. I really hope that their other four outfits will be more unique and less simple.

~*Liv*~

smile613 said...

Cute! I would definitely buy them if only they where not so pricey!

Emily said...

My favorite is the first one. It's definaely a yay in my opinion. I think the Malibu Libby outfit doesn't come with shoes because, when I went to Malibu, people didn't wear shoes that often. Especially around the beach.