Monday, August 8, 2011

Cecile and Marie-Grace!

Hey! The new dolls are released!!!! Here's my review of their collection.
I was quite surprised that these girls were released today- we had no word about this, but it was a pleasant surprise! Personally, I honestly don't Marie-Grace. Let me tell you why...
Cecile. She's GORGEOUS, but she looks at like MAG 46, just with a different eye color. I also feel that she would look so much more like her illustrated self is she had Addy's face mold. However, I love the pretty blue satin on her dress. I also think that Cecile has a much cuter collection. Thoughts?
Marie-Grace. I don't liker her half as much as I like Cecile. Marie-Grace has her own face mold, something that I think cheapens the look of her. This mold looks to me like lower-quality Target or Walmart dolls. Her whole collection (in my opinion) is very ugly and doesn't have as many pieces as Cecile does. Thoughts?

Now, let me show some of my favorite pieces from each girl's collection.
I. Love. This. This is so cute! I think it would look great on Kirsten, although I am not excited on how it doesn't come with shoes.
This is also so adorable! This looks very high quality and I love the hot pink and the old fashioned slipper socks!
This is so cute! I love this printed fan and the bow on the hat. Thumbs up for this!
I love this! Even for the price of $150. The table is wooden, and the tablecloth comes off, so the table would have plenty of uses. The accessories are so detailed- I love this.

So, what are your favorite pieces and do you like Cecile and/or Marie-Grace?
~Gabby

16 comments:

Caelen said...

I love both of them and everything about them!! =)
~Caelen

Claire said...

I'm not a big fan of Cecile and Marie-Grace. They don't look the most realistic to me. :/

However, I LOVE Cecile's Special Dress and Marie-Grace's Nightgown.<3

Priya said...

I love Cecile! But I half like Marie-Grace. Their character seem really cool, too!!

~Priya
agplayground.weebly.com

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, I think that American Girl overdid the dolls' outfits. Does anyone share the same opinion? Also, I wish AG would create a Euro or Asian doll. Marie Grace looks like Rebecca/Felicity. Cecile kind of looks like Addy...and sort of has Nikki's hair. Plus, some of the outfits look like costumes, or clothes that didn't fit their time period. For example, the Fairy/Formal/outfit. IT looks like a fairy costume! I personally think AG is losing its high quality"ness." Anyone agree?

Anonymous said...

I like Cecile more. I like her clothes and her collection! I think it's sooo cute!
I like Marie-Grace, too. she has really pretty eyes. her hair is nice, too. but I have to agree with the person above me. Marie grace does look sort of like a cross between felicity and rebecca. as for the fairy costume...is that sopposed to be for mardi-gras or something?

Kryn said...

I feel so differently, I don't care for Cecile, but I like Marie-Grace!

Anonymous said...

I like them, but they seem like a copy of Felicity and Elizabeth's clothes. I really actully like the dolls themselves, though, but never as much as I love Felicity and Elizabeth.

-Alexis-

Maeve said...

Cécile is rather cute. It's good that they used that facemold for varity, whereas they'd have two addy face-molded dolls in the Historic collection if not. I don't like Marie-Grace's facemold. But it is growing on me. My first thought was that she looked like an off-brand doll. But, as one of my friends pointed out, AG has bad photography at times, so MG actually does look kind of cute in some photographs but AWFUL in others. I guess we'll have to wait to see Customer pictures.

I don't like their collection. It's icky-disney-princess style.

Maeve

Emily said...

I love how AG did the fairy costume for Marti Gras! It was such a good idea. Marie-Grace is my favorite doll. She is so unique with her face and her aqua eyes. I think I like all of their clothe but I like more of Cecile's. I hate Cecile's bed. It looks like it belongs to a Barbie doll.

Lexie said...

I really love them both. I think Cecile will bea perfect African American to my collection. I love all the clothes and think they are my new fav historicals. I don't think they look cheap at all.

Anne said...

I like both of the dolls, a lot! I agree with you though, I like cecile's collection better.
By the way, are you doing the Cecile and Marie Grace story contest?

Priya said...

Hi Gabby,

I was wondering about my AG Place Gallery entry. It's been a few weeks since I emailed you my entry, and you said it was going to up a week after I entered. Will it be up soon?

Hope you are well,
Priya

Anne said...

And, is it just me, or does Marie-Grace look a little bit like Elizabeth?

Emily said...

How does Ceclie have Nicki's hair? nicki has curls like Lanie's not like #26 and Cecile.

Anonymous said...

Hey gabby I agree I love Cecile a bit more but have you seen the contest on american girl you can go on you get to write a story between 500-1,000 words about friendship if you are one of the 8 finalist you win Cecile and Marie-grace. Must be sent in by September 9th 2011 no purchase nesacary you should read the contest rules at http://www.americangirl.com/play/historical-character/cecile-mariegrace/contest.php

From americangirl fan 99

Anonymous said...

I do not agree. I really dont enjoy cecile at all, but I adore marie grace.