Friday, August 5, 2011

New GOTY American Girl Movie!

Hey Girls! I am sorry for my hiatus, but we took a spur-of-the-moment vacation in which I didn't bring my dolls or have access to a camera (besides my iPod). Sorry! I will of course be working on my stopmotion in which I unveil my AG Place purchases.


Anyways, on Doll Diaries, I have learned that they will be a new AG movie!
In this Twitter Picture, Nia Vardalos poses with American Girl writer Mary Casanova (author of AG Books Meet Jess, Both Chrissa books, and Cecile: Gates of Gold) and Olympic Gymnast Cathy Rigby. So what is this new movie about? Look at this Official Press Release:
Yay! A gymnast doll! I have wanted a gymnast doll since I was 9, but now that I'm 12 and out of gymnastics, I am not as excited as I could have been. 
Anywho, as for the name choice- Velma? Well, it reminds me a lot of Scooby-Doo, but AG has always chosen interesting names for their dolls (Chrissa, Ivy). Later, perhaps, I will look up the dolls' names and see if they really fit in their time period.

I can't wait for this new movie!
~Gabby

14 comments:

Claire said...

I love spur-of-the-moment vacations! My sister & I didn't know about our Disneyland trip in May until the day before. :)

As for Velma and stuff...I thinks she's the GOTY 2012! If I got her, I would probably change her name - and the fact that she's a gymnast is a plus because one of my dolls (Adrienne) is a gymnast and she needs some equipment...;)

Sorry for such a long comment! :}

American Girl Dolls Rock!! said...

omg! Do you know when this movie is coming out? That is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome! I have always wanted a gymnast doll too!

Lexie said...

I used to think they were going to make a red haired but now that will be exact Scooby Doo YIKES!

Gabby said...

Oh, Claire... I don't mind long comments! I just left a super long one on your blog. ;-)

~Gabby

ps. sorry in advance if you don't like long comments.

Emily said...

Gabby,
I commented about this on your last blog post.
-Emily

Bella said...

I think Velma is a code name, like Lulu was for Chrissa.

Emily said...

How was Lulu a code name for Chrissa?

Anonymous said...

I heard on the internet that their making a musical for Julie or something. That's what I heard, anyways. Don't know if its true.

Emily said...

Yeah I heard that too. I think it's going to be on Broadway in 2012 or 2013 and then on DVD. I can't wat becuase I love julie.

Piper said...

Bella, I think you've hit something! A while ago Gabby did a post about AG trademarks and one of them was someone named Teagan! AND Teagan's "Primary Class" included gymnastics! I all fits together like 2+2=4!

Emily said...

Yeah but for for Lanie, her name used to be something else instead of Lanie. American Girl probably just changed her name.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I just thought of something. what if this is the Julie movie? after all, Ivy is a gymnast isn't she? I know its far fetched, but I'm not sure AG would be making two movies at the same time. it might not be the same thing, though, because Ivy doesn't have a tutor and I don't remember her getting injured, but you never know.

Cami said...

Let me fill all of you in. This is gonna be a long comment. The actress is Jade Pettyjohn. She is playing Velma. And there is another girl named Ysa Penarejo who is likely going to be the best friend. In a picture I saw of them on set, Jade has blonde- dark blonde hair with bright blue eyes, freckles, and a slight curl. Ysa has dark brown hair, brown eyes, and medium skin, and is part Asian. That is pretty much everything I know.

Anonymous said...

Is she going to be girl of the year 2012 if she is that's great can't wait to see the movie I like her name but it reminds me of scooby doo. I have a great american girl for a girl of the year her name is mckenzie Williams and she loves her dog taffy and then she finds out taffy Has a tumor and her family doesn't have any money so she tries to earn money for taffy's surgery can she get enough money or will there 2 year old sweet heart taffy have to be put down.
Thanks for the news gabby

From americangirl doll fan 99