Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

(please only read this if you fully understand the attacks on 9/11 or are 12+)

Life isn't fair.

This is something I learned and I realize that we can never change this fact. Not everything is going to go your way and we have to accept that.

But no one can accept 9/11. Especially me. It haunts me, like a nightmare, I wish I could tell myself that it never happened, but it did and I will spend the rest of my life trying to understand and appreciate the 9/11 attacks.

I don't personally know anyone who died that day. Some people say that 'somebody knew somebody' but not me, at least I think so. However, I feel like I know that people in the photographs, the people who died that day, or people who were heroes who made it out alive along with many more people they saved.

I am holding back tears as I am writing this, because to an average joe like me, it's upsetting. It's terrible to know that innocent people died, and worse, that foreigners would do this just to say, "You aren't as strong as you think you are." It's terrible and even more terrible that children died that day- those who were the planes going to visit grandma or go on a vacation. Those innocent lives changed, and they couldn't defend themselves, they couldn't call anyone or do anything, they just snuggled up next to their parents.

So God Bless, I hope all of the innocent are rejoicing and having a great time in heaven. I hope that they are in no more pain.

Before I finish this post, I want to talk about the failed attempt to crash into the Capitol. This was one of the bravest moments in American history, and I want to say thank you to the men who took on the foreigners and instead tried to land the plane in a Pennsylvania airfield. Still everyone's lives were lost, I just want to say thank to those men. And thank you to others who risked their lives to save others.

Thank you and God Bless,
Gabby

12 comments:

Francesca Rescigno said...

Beautiful post Gabby. I agree with you completely,it's so sad and upsetting, but there is nothing we can do about it.

Maeve said...

I'm Irish. And it effects me just as deeply as anyone else. I've never set foot in America in my life, but I'm still shocked. I can't believe it.

Caelen said...

Yes, it's all very sad. ='(

Hannah said...

I agree, Gabby. I can't believe those forieners would do that...

Hannah

Lexie said...

Very touching post Gabby. I'm eleven but read it any way.

Anonymous said...

Why can't terrorists just go jump in a lake? >:<

Caelen said...

='(

Katie said...

Very moving, and I agree with everything 100%.
~Katie~

Anonymous said...

I love it gabby :) that is very touching

From American girl fan 99

Anonymous said...

Very, Very nice Gabby. You have a nack for writing. Have you ever thought about being an author when you grow up?

Hannah said...

Ok, this is another Hannah. I think Caelen Knows me from her blog. I love ur posts. Im getting a blog! I dont have one yet.

Kate said...

Hi gabby it's Georgia and I love this post!! My daddy is in the national guard and what you said was great I am 10 but I understood everything!!!! :-)

Georgia