Saturday, September 24, 2011

Oh. My. Gooseness.

Hola!
150 followers? Queso dip tonight? AND my Pottermore e-mail?
Oh. My. Gooseness!


Now before you correct me, on occasion I do sometimes say "Oh my gooseness!" You know, just for fun. :-)


Anyways, this post will mainly be about Pottermore, so brace yourself Harry Potter fans! (I'll go through each main component in Pottermore in depth.) 


Spolier alert!
Main Site/Main Components
Pottermore is a great site! I can tell J.K. Rowling worked really hard on it making it special! The website is really simple: each book chapter is transformed online in a digital version of the chapter. Throughout each online chapter, there are plenty facts- it's almost like an online encyclopedia! There are three types of 'facts':
They have 'From the Story' component where each character, object, animal or spell is described like it was in the book.

They also have 'J.K. Rowling's Thoughts' describes how she got many ideas for characters or object names or some of her first draft secrets.

And finally 'New from J.K. Rowling'. This is were the author regularly posts new info and secrets on her books.
Besides the wand and sorting quiz, it's really just facts. 
Player Interaction
Friends! It's nice that you can have friends, but you can't message them in any way- you can only send gifts or duel them. It's fun, but I'd like to 'get to know' my Pottermore friends better.

However, you can comment on any post or your common room's message board. Again, you can't talk with players, but I suppose it's possible to 'talk' with other players on the comment boards.
Wand Quiz
Wandlore is really cool! It's fascinating to learn about the different types of woods and cores used by Ollivander. The wand quiz is really simple. You answer the 7 same questions that everyone else does, so it's really easy (but rather pointless) to cheat. I knew before I started that I wanted a vine wand (Hermione has a vine wand!) with a  phoenix feather or unicorn hair core and about a foot long.  Luckily, I was gifted with the exact wand I had wanted- vine with unicorn hair, ten and 3/4 inches, hard. I am so pleased- Hermione Granger's wand is vine and also ten and 3/4 inches! Just remember, the wand chooses the wizard!
Sorting Hat
This quiz is very hard to cheat, but, if you answer honestly- it's won't be hard at all! I was lucky enough to be sorted into...
RAVENCLAW!!!!!
Yay! I am so excited- I wanted to be a Ravenclaw- and whop-dee-doo now I am!

I'll answer any questions on Pottermore- feel free to leave some in the comment section!
~Gabby
PS my user name in RiverQuill47. Friend me!

7 comments:

Claire said...

Oh my gooseness! ;)

I got placed into Ravenclaw, too!! :D I'll have to friend you as soon as I long back in. :)

Lexie said...

So cool. I'm happy for you even though I've never seen or read Harry Potter.

Nina said...

Friend me! I'm MahoganyDragon72. Awesome username, right?

Karalee said...

I got the wand I wanted too! Mine is Yew with Phoenix feather 11 and 1/4 inches long :) I'm a Gryffindor though.

Caelen said...

Looks fun! Though I'm not into Harry Potter. But looks really fun! How long did it take? I remember your old post saying you had signed up.

Gabby said...

It took about a month and a half! Oh my gooseness!
~Gabby

Anne said...

That sounds SO COOL! But every time I try to go onto pottermore it says something like "do to overwhelming visitors, you can not enter this site"!! AAAH!