Sunday, September 25, 2011

New Fall Look!

Hey girls! I just wanted to talk a little bit about my brand new look! My new look is focusing on fall, school, and functionality on my blog.


Fall
Enjoy my new background! I love the colors. I know it's taken me a while to post my new look, but I was waiting for the new background- and it came my way!
School
My header is focused specifically on school! If you looked closely, each of my American Girl dolls is participating in what they might call school. Kirsten is reciting a poem, something common in her day because not every school had enough books for each student, so they would memorize their lessons. Kaya is examining a leaf and learning about plants and the natural world, something many Native American children would learn in 'school'. Felicity is pouring tea at her gentlewomen lessons! Many of you know that wealthy families like Felicity's would often pay tutors to teach their girls properness- good manners, embroidery, and tea and music lessons.
Functionality
If you've noticed, my pages have been moved to my sidebar. This will allow me to add pages without having two page bars. Also, I have updated my poll- please vote!




I hope you enjoy my new look!
~Gabby


11 comments:

anya said...

I LOVE it!

Caelen said...

I love it!

Lexie said...

SO cute. Love the colors and poka dots.

Priya said...

Cool! I gave my blog a new fall look, too. How did you get Kirsten's eyes to close like that?

Tori said...

SO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

So great I love love LOVE!!!!!! It

From American girl fan 99

Char @ DollDiaries said...

I love the new fall colors - very nice!!

Anne said...

SO PRETTY! I love how you made the dolls orange, too. :-)

Kate said...

Gabby how do I follow your sight?????

Do you think you can reply from American girl fan 99

Ps: I got a blog!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

cute

Kryn said...

I wish you would post more often!