Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Trip to the Library...

Hey girls! Today, I went to the library- something I do almost every week! Anyways, a lot of the time I end up checking out the children's section and checking out American Girl books! I actually ended up re-reading the Historical Characters series again and again because they are so good- and they are really great historical fiction. So far, I've read the Kaya, Felicity, Kirsten, Rebecca, Kit, Molly, and Julie series- I'm looking forward to reading more of them too. Besides being awesome books, I also needed something to tide me over until I can get Catching Fire. (As I am re-reading the Hunger Games trilogy and unfortunately do not own my own copies. )-: )


 Today, I checked out...

Secrets at Camp Nokomis, Meet Mia, The Curse of Ravenscourt, The Silver Guitar, Changes for Kirsten (I still haven't read this one yet)

But the real surprise was when they had Dolphin Tale posters and bookmarks! It may not seem like much, but Harry Connick Jr. is the father of Kate Connick, the young singer feature in the new issue of American Girl magazine and the singer of "A Lot Like Me"- the song American Girl is using to benefit the new Ellis Marsalis Center for Music. But, this movie also features Cozi Zuehlsdorff!

If you remember, she was featured in American Girl Magazine's July/August 2011 issue! She also mentioned Dolphin Tale in her interview. This is also great timing as Dolphin Tale premieres in theaters. I hope I get to see it soon!
~Gabby

6 comments:

Lexie said...

AWESOME! I love going to my library every other Thursday.

Please go over to All Things American Girl by Leah. She just added a new halloween header/background/buttons. The please give her a poistive comment. I know she will appriate it.

Anne said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE the Rebecca mystery, and Julie is one of my faves.
I noticed that the girl that was featured in the magazine was in the movie, but not Harry Connick! That's kind of a cool coincedence!
Enjoy your books!

Lilac said...

VERY COOL!:D

Lexie said...

Don't forget 2morrow is the Micahels craft event.

Lexie Lou said...

Hey Gabby-

Please tell Claire from Claire's Curiostity that if she wants more comments she might need a name/URL space. I don't have a profile so I can't comment. Thanks !

Lexie

Kryn said...

It is a really good movie, you should see it! It was so funny because I went with my friend and we didnt know she was in it and when we saw her name we were like "Its the girl from AG!" It was really funny! She is soo cute!