Monday, March 14, 2011

Picture Perfect American Girl (contest! 'auditions' open!)

Hey everyone! I know how many of you were excited about me hosting a contest, so I decided to start my own fun AG contest for budding photographers!


The Picture Perfect American Girl Contest or the PPAG, is a blogging contest where girls can enter one of their dolls and take photos of that one special AG doll. The contest is focused on photography- best angles, macro, landscapes etc, although, one AG doll will always be your main focus.


Sound fun? Here's what you need to enter:
  • a camera
  • a blog (Wordpress, Blogger, etc. Anything you can write a post on!) or an e-mail (if you use e-mail, you must attach the 3 best photos)
  • 1 18" AG doll (you will only be taking photos of 1 doll)
  • a love for photography, blogging, and AG dolls!
    To enter, please create a post with the 3 best photos of your doll. They can be of anything- her headshot, a side view, her shoes, skirt- anything to show your a great photographer! Once I get 10 entries, we will start the contest. 


    In the contest, there will be 5 rounds (two will be eliminated each round) and a theme for each. Have a photoshoot corresponding with a theme, then post your 3 best photos, tell a little about each photo, and give me the link (if you use e-mail, send me an message). It's really simple!

    Now, for prizes! The one winner will get to host the next season with me- help me come up with theme ideas, judge photos, and receive a free blog design and award. 

    I hope you enter- this will be a fun contest!
    ~Gabby


    ps. also my giveaway is 2 posts below!

    27 comments:

    Nina said...

    I'm totally entering as soon as I work out the problems that I've been having with my camera recently. I'm your 105th follower!

    Katrina said...

    Can you email in entries? What is the prize?

    Claire said...

    That sounds amazing! I'll see if I can enter in the next two days when we get our new computer. :)

    Lilac said...

    That sounds fun!:D

    Rachel said...

    I'll enter!Probably this afternoon.
    'Rachel

    Caelen said...

    I'll think about entering, but I'm not good at photography.
    ~Caelen

    Rebekah said...

    I'll enter! But it might not be until tomorrow.

    Katie said...

    Sounds like fun! I'll enter as soon as I get the chance!
    ~Katie~

    Emma said...

    What a great idea! I'll love to enter when I find time. Probably this week!!! :)

    ~*Emma and her dolls*~

    Grace said...

    I'll enter today! :) can I use Picasa?
    Sorry if this is a double comment. I commented yesterday but it hasn't shown up yet, so yeah ;)
    I'll enter today! :D

    Leanna said...

    I'll enter it; sounds like fun!

    ~Leanna

    Karalee said...

    Where do we send the links to?

    Here's mine for anyway:

    http://myviewoftheworld-karalee.blogspot.com/2011/03/ppag.html

    Nina said...

    Hey, you guys. Please visit my craft blog and enter Creativity Challenge (CC). Please?
    Go to craftandcreate.blogspot.com

    Bye!

    Gabby said...

    Grace-

    Yes, you can! Just give me the link to your 3 photos that you chose for your entry and round.

    ~Gabby

    Leanna said...

    I know I commented already, but Gabby may I try to enter on Friday? My new doll is coming hopefully then and I really want to use her for this. :)

    ~Leanna

    Gabby said...

    Leanna-

    Yes! I only have 3 entries, so until I have 10, anyone is free to enter!

    ~Gabby

    Rachel said...

    I entered!One day later than I said but I entered! :)

    Leanna said...

    Okay, thanks Gabby!

    (P. S. She isn't suppose to arrive until tomorrow or Monday, and I'll be out of town tomorrow morning, so hopefully she'll come Monday and won't get stolen or anything on my doorstep. :D)

    Anonymous said...

    Loryn entered .. here is the link ..

    http://boltongirlstraveljournal.blogspot.com/2011/03/loryn-enters-ppag.html

    Thanks,

    Katie said...

    I finished my entry! Here's the link:
    http://americangirlworld.blogspot.com/2011/03/entry-to-gabbys-contest.html
    Chrissa and I can't wait for the next challenge!
    ~Katie~

    Rachel said...

    I entered so click on my name and go to Honestly Myself. Thanks!

    Doodledog said...

    This sounds like so much fun! What are the prizes? As soon as it's daylight again, I'll take Josefie (she's the most photogenic) outside and take some pictures!

    Nina said...

    Here is my entry. Sorry about being a little(OK, a lot) of focus. My camera hasn't been working well recently.

    http://craftandcreate.blogspot.com/p/entry-for-ppag.html

    Sierra said...

    Here's my entry
    http://bisindeedforbecky.blogspot.com/2011/03/animals-with-kate.html
    -Becky

    Hannah Claire said...

    I hope you like my pictures. Here is the link.

    http://awsomedolls.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-entry-for-gabbys-photo-contest.html

    Emma said...

    Here's my entry:

    http://myamericangirl.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-ppag-entry.html

    Thanks!

    ~*Emma and her dolls*~

    Kenzie said...

    Could I use email? So if I use email do I send you three photos of the same doll and subject? Could you follow my blog so that we can message?