Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The American Girl Book Club

Hi girls! I debated holding off announcing the book club because of the over-whelming response I got with my contest, but I promised you a program and I'm keep my promises! :-)

Anyways, let me tell you about my new program: The American Girl Book Club.


This is the internet's first and only online book club surrounding the American Girl Historical Character series! What's great about this is that there are no starting dates or times: Simply join in and participate the weeks you want! Read on for more information!


How does this book club work?
It works like this: Every month, I introduce a new Historical character that we will be focusing on. For the first three weeks in each month, we will read the character's six-book series and on the last week, I will have a featured game about that character, make a recipe that that character might've made, or even host a giveaway!
Will there be discussions?
Yes, however not directly. On the weeks when I introduce new books, there will also be a trivia question that you can only answer once you have read the story. In the comments sections, readers will be able to answer the question, but also ask each other questions as well- and I of course will be joining in!
What if I don't own the books we are focusing on?
You can check out from the library. But don't worry if you can't get them in time, all of my AGBC posts will be kept in a special page (not yet up) so you can access them if needed.
Does it cost anything and am I required to make an online account?
Nope. This is all featured on my blog- and all for free!

I hope you participate! Oh, and remember, you're never to old to read American Girl books, this isn't just for 8 year olds, but for the child in all of us. :-)

~Gabby



9 comments:

Kate said...

Oh ya this sounds exciting Gabby I can't wait until we start :)

Georgia

Sammie said...

Sounds so cool Gabby!
I'm totally joining.

Anne said...

What and awesome idea! I'm totally joining in. I've already read all of the books however, hopefully I can remember all of them...
Oh! And I totally agree on the never too old for the AG books!
So TRUE!!

Anonymous said...

KEWL idea .. love it and cannot wait to participate .. I do not have all the books but at least some of them ..

crazycrazyag said...

i am gonna join too this is random but i want to tell you that this is your 343 post gabby thatt's alot

Geridil said...

I love your idea! I'm totally gonna join in!

awsomecewlliscousgirl said...

Amazing gonna join the club.Thnx Hasn't for making this come true

Anonymous said...

This sounds so fun! I'll join if you are still having it!

Lydia said...

Hello! That sounds really cool! Is it still going?? You posted that post like 2 years ago?? I would love to do something like that! I'm AGfernfriends. I'm new to all this blogging and youtubbing but I LOVE American Girl! Bye!