Monday, October 11, 2010

Re-Done American Girl Site!

Hey! As it always seems, American Girl never ceases to amaze me (or disgust me) which was why I was horrified at the re-done American Girl site- (when Kayla showed me it) not the design but what was on it.........


Such as this:
TV COMMERCIAL????? REALLY????? That's what Barbies and Liv dolls do- not hundred-dollar-dolls. OK, AG is getting kind of crazy. And the Wish List? Because Microsoft Word is just too easy.....


And now, they seem to plaster everything MAG with doodles:
It just doesn't seem like AG anymore. All they care about is making money- not making little girls happy (with the exception of the AGP workers- they are so nice!)

But AG has also done something that I actually like.
They put Kaya on their Bookstore image! They actually are doing something to promote Historcals and plus, they almost never feature Kaya. ;-)

They also have changed their gift cards up- with 2 new ones! The Birthday Gift Card- doll ad Holiday Gift Card- love are new to the AG website- I have to say they are quite cute.
And last but not least, AGP are now offering another purchase-with-purchase item- a sweater and hat set! Personally I love the hat but the sweater looks very thin and not high quality.

So, what are some of your favorite/non-favorite new AG website features? 
~Gabby

PS American Girl is now offering Historical Character Christmas Sets. You can save $10 when you buy this way!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I agree. They're not the same anymore. Back then they were all about Historicals but JLY's and Innerstar U is starting to get too crazy.....
It's sad..... =(

Anonymous said...

I agree with Gabby and AG Crazy but if they kept the "doodle" pix down to say "well a few" and keep some of the other pix it would be fine.

Anonymous said...

PS This and comment above is from Noel30

Specificly toward Gabby or other people that know the answer........

How do you get (see, watch) to the 1st commerical??? Thank you Noel30

Julie said...

I agree - it's sad how AG is coming obsessed with MAG's. They should specialize in Historical Characters - I love them heaps more than MAG's.

Lily

Anonymous said...

They're using doodles because of the make your own american girl aspect. But I agree, it is over the top.