Monday, December 26, 2011

McKenna Brooks!

Hola! So, with the press packs now being released to day, I can now update you with plenty of information! First and foremost, I did not receive a press pack, and I'm giving links to those that did and posting pictures.

Okay, first, looky here! A McKenna picture with her book.
Meet McKenna Brooks everybody!
This is a closeup on her face. Now, a reader pointed out that she will be the first doll with heart-shaped face mold, but I'd like to nicely say that Marie-Grace was the first doll with a heart-shaped face mold and McKenna, does in fact have a Josefina mold. You can see Marie-Grace below.

Next up, we have her collection! 
Here you can see one part of her set is a bar. How are you going to use this with your doll, I have no idea. But nonetheless, they look like real bars! Also, I assume the bag she's holding is part of her accessories.

This is a a very detailed loft bed set! The colors are bit too bright for my taste, I mean, lavender, lime green, dark purple, and hot pink accents? But it's cute, and she's a reader! Yay! Not a laptop or phone in sight, but instead books! :-)

Finally, here's McKenna in her leotard! It looks to be high quality, and something girls would definitely wear, but when I used to take tumbling, the gymnasts would always wear a pair of shorts with their leotard. Personally, I would prefer it that way (it would add to the outfit).

Also, the Wall Street Journal reports that the McKenna movie will be premiere in July and you can buy her for $105- they've raised the prince again!

In my opinion this is what I give McKenna:
Doll Looks: 4/5
Uniqueness: 2/5 
Storyline: 3/5
Collection: 4/5

What would you give McKenna and do you think you'll buy her?
~Gabby
(all photos and most information from here)



17 comments:

Claire said...

Hmm...I'm not sure what my full opinion of McKenna is yet. She looks too much like Chrissa (who I have), Elizabeth (who my sister has), and #39 (who my sister might buy in 2012). However, I love that loft bed - maybe because it's purple and green. ;)

Anonymous said...

Dolls price raised again? I sure hope it's a mistake. *Sigh*

anya said...

$105? Oh no! Dear American Girl, why?

I do like that loft bed. :)

Kate said...

Hmm she is a very pretty doll but I would give her a 3/5 I hope you had a wonderful Christmas

Carolyn Mary said...

I like her a lot better in these pictures for sure, but she's not my favorite Girl of the Year. ;)

~Carolyn

Erin said...

this is why she'll be my last doll, look at the price! but she'll be worth it! can't wait to get my McKenna Renee Brooks.

Anonymous said...

The price is so high! I hope they have a contest to win her. Then we can all enter!

Kate said...

105 really 100 is already enough!!!! :( is that for all of the dolls?!?!?

Georgia

Anonymous said...

She will be a wonderful girl of the year with the Olympics coming up. She is pretty but not beautiful to me like #55 is, and for them to raise the price again, any doll is going to have to be special before I buy them.

I have not seen anything in her collection I want except for her books and maybe her hampster cage, that looks like it is going to be so cute too.

Have a great rest of the year.
Taryn

Lexie said...

The Crazy Doll Lady-
You are so true about the olympics. I was like Why a gymnst for 2012? I really wish they would make one who is a baker. Kananai was not a baker she just was a weird surfer.


I have very mixed feelings on Mckenna.

Name: Cute but I sit with a bad girl rebel on the bus so....

Hair: LOVE! I have been dying for a GOTY to have carmel hair.

Meet Outfit: OKAY the colors are cute but it is not very original for my taste.

Eyes:BLUE! I love blue eyes plus the outfit brings them out

I do not buy accesiores or furniture but that bed is the best bed I have ever seen


Since I have a JLY, MAG,and His. I really would want her and I think she will be my final doll to the collection.

Rosie said...

Rumor has it that McKenna is Chrissas big sister. That is why they look so alike.

I have Marie-Grace. She is so pretty. The pictures in the magazine don't show how pretty she is.

McKenna...
I think she is okay but waaaay to similar to Chrissa. In the Chissa books she doesn't have a sister.

Her bed is sooo pretty. I might get that and not the doll.

Anonymous said...

Doll Looks: 3/5 (Looks too much like Chrissa and Marie-Grace.)
Uniqueness: 3/5 (They already have Ivy the gymnast doll!!! I love Ivy, I have her, and they didn't make her a gymnast outfit!
Storyline: 4/5
Collection: 3/5 (She looks like she has dog. Many of the AG characters have had dogs.
Overall: 3/5 I probably wouldn't buy her.

Sara said...

I'd like McKenna. My only problem is I have been DYING for Cecile and Marie-Grace. I LOVE her though! I have a bit of a dilema. So far I have all historicals because I am afraid to get a MAG because their clothing goes out of fashion SO fast, and a GOTY because I honestly would like to have all her stuff before they archive her, and I am not sure I will be able to afford it since my allowance isn't too much. Any opinons??

Anonymous said...

I ordered Mckenna already in the mail... waiting to recieve her in the mail

Anonymous said...

Omg she looks like Chrissa but because her hair is lighter I have her but let me tell u pictures don't tell all.

Anonymous said...

Well I really like Mckenna. I might get her soon but I would give her a 4/5 on looks because she looks like Chrissa. I know this because I can go to my friend's house and see. The rest would be a 3 or a 4. Thanks. BYE!

Callie said...

Mckenna Is So ADORABLE, and I just LOVE her stuff! I absolutely love her leotard, and her meet outfit- AWESOME!! I give her 4.5 stars, because her stuff is TOO EXPENSIVE, AG!!!! If it weren't for that, five stars!! She's a cutie!!