Saturday, December 31, 2011

My 2011- A Year in Review, My New Year's Resolutions, and Upcoming Features on this Blog

Hi. Wow, that has to be the longest blog post title in the history of the world! Anywhosems, let's get started...


 My 2011- A Year in Review
In January, Kanani gave a huge aloha to go along with her tropical themed attire and long wavy hair. 
Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow on Groundhog Day in February.
In March, Jennifer Lawrence was cast as the heroine for The Hunger Games movie!
The prettiest wedding that I'd ever seen, the Royal Wedding of William and Catherine, captivated the world in April!
In May, we learned that American Girl was going to release, not one, but two Historical Dolls!
Pottermore, J.K. Rowling's new online reading experience, was announced in June.
In July, the most famous boy wizard's journey ended... on the silver screen. 
The Hunger Games teaser trailer premiered at the MTV VMA's in August.
In September, we celebrated those gone, but not forgotten.
The 7th Billion baby was born in October.
In November, there was Muppet domination!
I celebrated my 13th birthday with a Hope Diamond Mystery party in December.

My New Year's Resolution
My goal this year is: get organized. To do this, I'm making giant monthly calendars to go on my desk- but I made it fun. I put my style icons, inspirational quotes, and goals of the month too. This afternoon, I cleaned out my desk, dresser, and binder- I am actually looking forward to being organized!

Upcoming Things on I Heart American Girl
I have a whole slew of brand new things coming up this year. While I am not going to give a lot a way, here's a sneak peek. 
  • A brand new program- with weekly posts- designed for AG fans of all ages- starting Jan. 3!
  • A contest (with great prizes)- starting Jan. 2!
  • Plenty of giveaways- I already have one planned. 
Can't wait to see you all in the New Year! What are your resolutions? What's in your A Year in Review?
~Gabby


3 comments:

Claire said...

I love all this - especially the Muppet Domination, wedding of Will & Kate, and the Hunger Games stuff. :)

Let me guess who the style icons on your calendar are -- Kate Middleton, Emma Watson, Natalie Portman, Rachel McAdams, and Taylor Swift! (I've seen a lot of those dresses before...I'm such a fashion nerd!) ;)

Happy New Year

Priya said...

I scheduled a post for midnight with my resolutions on my blog (americangirlplayground.com) if you want to see it then. Here is my year in review:

January: Kanani released!
February: ?
March: One year birthday of my doll, Penelope
April: Got my braces
May: ?
June: Went to Europe for first time
July: My birthday
August: Cecile & Marie-Grace released
September: Started a new grade, with some new teachers
October: Celebrated a first Halloween in friends' neighborhoods
November: Won 2nd place in web design competition
December: Received 5th doll, Kit!

Ro said...

Awwww! Punxsutawney Phil is SO CUTE!!! =D