Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Why?

Hi! This is a post in which I will do a lot of ranting, so please, be prepared.


Why? American Girl makes me ask this question every time they release something new, or raise their prices, or something like that. But today, I will be asking---


Why Does American Girl Focus So Much On Rebecca Rubin?
Why?


It's so very weird. I could understand why in 2009, when Rebecca was released, and she was new, but know, her new-ness is wearing off and well, she is just the same as any of the Historical Characters.
Like in this photo from the AG website. Why is the model in the Petal Pink Outfit not modeling with a doll in the same outfit, but with Rebecca?
And why, is Rebecca on the poster for the 25th Birthday Celebration?
This is a picture I really don't understand. Why is Rebecca not in her meet outfit?
And again, advertising the new Spring outfits with 2 other Historicals.

Don't get me wrong, Rebecca is a beautiful doll in real life, but I'm just not very fond of her story or how AG seems to focus on her a lot. Well at least we are getting a new HC this year.
~Gabby

13 comments:

Emma Kate said...

I can't wait until you announce the winner of your contest!

Katrina said...

When is the new HC coming out?

Georgia said...

I know!! Samantha and Nellie were way better.

Sierra said...

I really don't get it either, I mean I like her and all but why do they have to focus in on her so much. Maybe she's selling well.
~Sierra

Leanna said...

I kind of agree with Rebecca, maybe AG is selling her well? I don't really know, but I have been noticing that too. But I can't wait for the new HC either! :)

Katie said...

Extremely good point! I think that in the picture for the 25th Birthday thing it should be either Molly (since she was one of the originals and is the only one still for sale) or all three of the originals together.
~Katie~

Laura said...

You're right! I have Rebecca and she's really pretty. But I think AG is going overboard.. I'm sure they'll do same with new historical. I think it's ok with first 2~3 months about focusing on new historical, but after 3 months, they should focus on other historicals, too :)

Emily said...

Katie, The other 2 originals are retired, so that wouldn't make sense.
Rebecca, If she's selling well she should sell well without a lot of advertisements.

Caelen said...

I was wondering why too!

Alison162 said...

Why did they even take Samantha and Nellie out?They never even replaced Nellie!:-(

beachbabydoll1 said...

Since AG is a big business. The total reason why they have her featured in the ads is sales. Maybe, because she's not selling as well as they hoped? Remember, she was also featured in the QVC sale last fall. Or it could be that she sells so well she appeals to everyone. Who knows. But,whatever, most likely it has to do with money.

xoxosavyxo said...

I cant wait untill you anounce the winners of your contest!!! :) also i do think they are using favoritism with rebecca. i like her but they put her in too many ads`

Caeleigh said...

Your right. She is beautiful, but her story doesn't stand out to me very much either. I don't have her and I never think about getting her when I go to the stores. It's not that I don't like her, it's just whenever I decide to get a doll I think about everything. Their looks and story. Sorry it's long!! :D