Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Your Questions Answered!

Hey! Yesterday, I invited everyone to ask me questions about myself and dolls. I had an amazing response and I can't wait to share the questions and answers with you! First, I just want to say that I did not put who asked the question just because some questions were asked twice. Second, the questions are in order by when they were asked. Now, read on! :-)


If you were to get one more doll, who would it be?
I'm glad you asked. I would really like a doll with brown eyes, brown, curly hair, and dark skin. It's MAG #46, however, I would like to see what the GOTY 2012 and new historical look like before I purchase this girly.


How do you personalize your header?
I create my header using Photoshop or iPhoto, and then customize it with my photos, text, and color.


When did you get your first doll?
I got Kirsten in the summer of 2005. I only remember that because of a 1st Grade Journal Entry I wrote just after it:
For those of you who can't read my 1st Grade Handwriting or lame grammar, here it what it says (this is directly from the paper):
This summer I went to Minnasota and I went to my Causins house there and when I got there and I saw My Aunt and My cosin Looking at a Doll Magasin and I told them I wat a Amacan girl doll and my Aunt yes.

I think you can figure out what I was going for. :-) Actually it did happen like this! I had to pay half with my aunt and we ordered Kirsten and her Midsummer Outfit.


How do you juggle having 2 blogs, a Youtube, Flicker (etc...)?
It's hard. I focus more on IHAG (which is the reason for less posts on the NP) so YouTube is just second to that. With iPhoto, I can directly upload my pictures from iPhoto to Flickr. I try to make it all work.


Where do you live? (state, city (maybe)?
I can't give my city away, but I do live in Tennessee!


Do you have a fan mail address?
I don't have a snail mail address (but would you like that?) but I do have an e-mail address where you all can send me anything! Just check my 'Contact Me' page for more info.


How old are you?
12.


How did your blog become so cool/awesome? (because it is :P )
Thanks! Hmmm.....  I don't know how to answer this, but I guess I just put a lot of my effort into it. If you think your blog is great, others will too! :-)


I was wondering how many AG dolls do you have, and this is random but do you like Pirates of the Caribbean?
I have 3 American Girl dolls and 1 Madame Alexander doll. Sorry, but I'm not interested in Pirates of the Caribbean, I never got into it.


Which AG pet do you like best?
That I own? I can't decide! But from the ones that I don't have, Ginger!
What's your favorite book and movie?
Book? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Movie? Harry Potter and the Order or the Phoenix.

Who is your favorite GOTY?
Jess McConnell!

If you were to do another contest, what would it be?
Probably my Earth Day Photo Contest or a Spring Photo Contest.

Other than American Girl, what's your favourite place to get clothes for your dolls? 
Hmm..... I don't really buy a lot of non-AG brand clothing, but I do enjoy making them!

Also do you like other dolls besides AG?
I like Madame Alexander Girlz dolls! (Kaylen, Catherine, Natalee)

What is your all time favorite doll, even if you have it or not?
I don't have a favorite doll in my collection. But I guess for one that I don't have, Jess!

I had a lot of fun doing this! I may do it again sometime in the summer.
Thanks,
Gabby



14 comments:

Katrina said...

Loved the post! Thanks for answering our questions!

Leanna said...

Thanks for ansswering my question! I like Jess too. :)

Katrina said...

I read it up close and the last couple word were "and my aunt yes". I am pretty sure you meant "and my aunt said yes".

Gabby said...

Katrina-

You are probably write, but I was in 1st grade so I didn't know about proofreading or proper grammar.

Thanks,
~Gabby

Katrina said...

Gabby- I know, I love seeing those little mistakes that I made from when I was "littler".

Doodledog said...

I've been away because of the mudslide!!

You live in Tennessee? That's so cool!

-Doodledog
agirlandherdolls.blogspot.com

American Girl Dolls Rock!! said...

Thanks for answering my questions I really appreciate it.

Emily said...

What is your flickr and youtube?

Liddy said...

Thanks for answering my question!:D

*Liddy*

Caeleigh said...

Could u please check ur messages from GOTY 2012 contest? (first post) thanks!!!

Gabby said...

Caeleigh-

Why? Remember, I red every comment before it's published to be sure that it's appropriate.

~Gabby

Katrina said...

Love your new look!

Caeleigh said...

I mean, yes I know. It's published, but it was a question about how to save the american girl picture.

Gabby said...

Caeleigh-
You can take a screen shot (if you're using a Mac) by hitting the shit, command, and 4 key or pressing the Print Screen button and pasting it to paint (if you are using a PC). You can also right-click and click save image.

~Gabby