Sunday, September 26, 2010

Thank You So Much! {contest 2 posts below}

This post is dedicated to all my followers and reader. I love you guys!


About a year ago, I had found Liz's website and was inspired by it. She had gorgeous dolls and loved to care for them and share with other girls- which got me thinking, why not start a blog on my own? My mom had a blogspot.com blog and really enjoyed reading it, so later that week, we started this blog-  I Heart American Girl. Back then, it was just my doll Kirsten and my sister's doll Elizabeth, making photostories with our friends and doing polls and writing the latest AG news. I can still look back on my posts and think how different things are. But I still remember my first 3 followers- Mom, Quinlyn, and Queen Lucy. Thank you so much! I remembered how happy I was when I learned of following and I realized I had followers! It made me want to try harder!


So I began taking photos:
They weren't very good, but I tried.
And soon I learned about color. And light.
And it looked great! 
But then I found black & white. And macro. And I loved it!!! And by your feedback so did you. But you guys never cease to amaze. Ya'll left me the sweetest comments!
But I tried more..........
And then I added one more to my family.

But it was you guys who kept me through it. You guys are the only ones who I can turn to to talk about AG, nobody at my school likes it as much as I do. 

And one day, I stumbled across a GOTYs video telling us to look up our YouTube usernames to make sure no one was making money off of our videos. And the result was sooo sweet.

I found this Facebook page. I love you guys!!!! You never took credit for my video and blog, you only gave me compliments. 

And then I got this e-mail from a girl:

I'm not going to say who she is (incase she wants to remain anonymous), but she is has an amazing blog, and I wish her the best of luck. And then I got this comment,

I love you all! I seriously am about to cry right now. You all have been so sweet and kind and never cease to amaze me. I love you all and I hope this blog remains for years to come. 

~Gabby

10 comments:

Claire said...

You are very welcome! You were one of the few (and by few I mean ten or eleven) people that inspired me to write the blog I have today.

I as well hope that your blog remains for many more years to come, and I will be reading faithfully all the way.

Anonymous said...

In my case, don't be thanking me I am thanking you, I'm still only in grade school but I was kind of afraid to talk about it because I thought people would make fun of me. But here I can express my american girl thoughts and feelings knowing I won't get made fun of That's why we love you!!! PS---I was the one who wrote the comment about only 3 comments and I understard if you think it is kind of silly.

Anonymous said...

when i say about it i mean ag

Gabby said...

No I don't think it's silly! It was so sweet!

Quinlyn said...

You are SO welcome, Gabby! You deserve it! I love your pictures, and all your dolls are so pretty. Great job. :)

~Quinlyn

Rebekah said...

You're very welcome! I absolutely love your blog, and you've even taken time to visit mine!

Anonymous said...

WE LOVE YOU SOO SOO SOO SO MUCH! THIS IS THE BEST AMERICAN GIRL BLOG EVER

NOTE TO OTHER AG BLOGGERS
please tell me about your blog and I will read it

Sierra said...

I love your blog and am always really happy when you have a new post!
sierra

Liz said...

Hi Gabby!

Yay!!! Happy 1 Year Birthday to your blog! I am so happy that my website inspired you! I love your blog and you do such awesome posts! (Your Fall Photo Contest sounds like fun!)

I can't wait to see what this year holds for your blog! :)

~Liz~

Anonymous said...

Whens the next blog post, your blog is so good I'm like whens the next post going to be up the day after a new post.