Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Where is Kaya? Ft. Lauderdale

Hi. 
Kaya is in Ft. Lauderdale- without me. Alone in my suitcase- without me. Why? I don't really know why, but all I know is that my suitcase did not arrive at the airport baggage claim and was probably still on the plane for the connecting flight to Florida. It probably happened because we were late to checking in. Here is our day "schedule". That might help explain something:
6:30 am- wake up, get ready, eat breakfast
7:30 am-  walk out to the car to go and realize that the keys are locked in the rental car
7:34 am- call local locksmith and wait an hour
8:45 am- the rental car is open, and we are on the road to the airport
9:26 am- get stuck in a huge traffic jam involving a lot of paramedics, police men, and a battered car
10:17 am- get at airport, dad goes and drops off rental car and mom and siblings rush through security to the gate (note: our plane takes-off at 10:45)
10:31 am- finally get to gate in record time
10:45- we take off
-----
5:10 pm- I am at the baggage claim looking for my suitcase.... mom thinks she saw it but it was another suitcase- not ours 
5:16 pm- My mom goes to the baggage office and talks to the people while I bring myself and siblings to our waiting neighbor to drive us home


Still no sign, message, e-mail, phone call of my suitcase with Kaya in it. 


I am so sad, if I never see my suitcase again, I think I will make the people buy me a new Kaya, not that she could ever replace my old one, but it was there fault that they don't scan the luggage tags so they could track my suitcase.


Bye for now,
~A very depressed Gabby



11 comments:

Maddi said...

OH NO!!!!!!!!!! I hope you get her back!

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh Myyyyy .. not good at all .. hope it is found and returned to you and that poor Kaya is ok.

Keep us posted,
Kelsyee

AGDollPrincess said...

I'm so sorry they lost Kaya! :( I hope they find her soon!!!

Anne said...

Aww, I am so sorry! :( I hope they find her! Airports can be so confusing at times.

Majken said...

I am so sorry! I hope you get Kaya back! I would hate it if I lost Nellie. I really hope you do get her back.

Phoebe said...

Oooooh, I'm so sorry, that must be beyond terrible!

Lexi said...

Oh I am sorry you had to go through that, that is terrible!

Oh could you visit our blog

http://adollspointofview.blogspot.com/

Thank you,

Gabi

Anonymous said...

Aww, Gabby, I'm so sorry! We were going home from New York City last year, and our flight got delayed by two hours, and we were stuck in Memphis, but our luggage was at home! It was so scary, but we got our stuff back. Hopefully Kaya will be back.

-Claire

Cara May said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AmericanGirlCrazy123 said...

I feel so sorry for you! I would hate for that to happen to my Kaya. But I would probably make them buy me a new doll too.

Anonymous said...

Awwww! I feel really bad!!! I would never want that to happen to either one of my dolls! ( Josefina and Just Like You named Emily )
I kind of know how you feel because I got Emily for Christmas but her hair was really crooked. I kept her for a while because I loved her but it was really hard do her hair and it bothered me A LOT. I returned her and got another doll, but she didn't have pierced ears. We returned her right away and got another doll, but her hair was really crooked again, so my mom and I decided to get a different doll. I picked out this new doll that just came out. When we recieved the package, it wasn't the doll I wanted. Somehow the number of the doll got messed up so I got the wrong one. My mom didn't want to return ANOTHER doll unless it had a serious problem. I was sad because it wasn't the doll I wanted, her ear piercings were almost in the middle of her ear, and she has a red hark on her foot that won't come off. I tried to ignore it, and I still have Emily the 4th with me today. I might return her to the store and hopefully get one that has no problems, but every American Girl isn't perfect, and I am SUPER happy I have Emily and Josefina!!!