Thursday, December 16, 2010

GOTY Ramblings

Hey everyone! I have been waiting to write this post for a while- so get ready for a my views on each and everyone of the AG GOTYs- starting with Lindsey.
I don't like Lindsey that much- she's not very cute and I don't think her story was that good. And besides, I didn't even know what AG was back in 2001 when Lindsey first came out.
Kailey. She's pretty cute and I have to say- she did do a lot to help her community! Although her meet outfit isn't very cute, her hair and eye combination are! Kailey was the GOTY of 2003.
Marisol. GOTY of 2005- cute, but not my kind of doll. I am not very interested in dance and there was some upsetting remarks regarding her heritage and her reason to move from the suburbs.
Jess- 2006. I love her! I think that she has made the biggest impact by far! My cousins entered a contest about her story, an excerpt has been taken from her book for a Canadian test, and she is Asian. If I could have another doll, it would be her!
I don't like Nicki- GOTY 2007. Sure she's nice and she has a warm heart but I don't like her name or hair/face. I often forget about Nicki whenever I am listing GOTYs. She, in my book, didn't make a statement.
OMG- this girl is cute! Mia, GOTY 2008, is very hard-working despite coming from a less fortunate family. Her story is soooo sweet and so is Mia herself!
I never liked Chrissa- GOTY of 2009. She has an odd face that make her cheeks seem really chubby. I also think that her movie displayed her giving a bad example- if you brother gets a concussion, you get stabbed with a pencil, and your BF ends up with a bad haircut all because of a bully and you still don't tell? Way to show 'standing-up' AG.

Lanie- GOTY 2010- she's cute and sends a good message! Although I don't think she made the market with parents. Something about curly hair, a $295 camper, and a raccoon in a trash can might have something to do with her not selling well......

As of yesterday, I don't like Kanani. Why? She looks way to much like Marisol. I also don't like her name and guess what? After we get Kanani, AG will almost likely create another Caucasian doll and we will have to wait for an African American doll. Also, I read on another site that a commenter desribed her as ".....a mixture between Kailey and Jess......" So true!

Well, that's all the ranting for today.
~Gabby

(Lanie picture property of AG, Kanani photo property of Barnes and Noble, All other photos from AGD Wiki)

9 comments:

Gabrielle said...

I see what you mean about how she slightly looks like marisol, but I think we'll just have to wait and see what the actual doll looks like.

Alice said...

I like Kanani's hair{and color} but I think I would like her better if she had light skin and blue eyes. But then, she would have a different story. But I do want AG to make an AA character. Addy is only AA character they have..

Caelen said...

I like Kanani because I wanted Marisol.

Elisha said...

I totally agree! I DO NOT- DO NOT LIKE CHRISSA! That is sooo not like AG- why wouldn't you tell after all that? I like Lindsey, Marisol, Nicki, and Mia because of their clothes and part of their stories. I DON'T like Kanani! Her name is like Kailey's and she looks like Marisol. Marisol shouldn't be copied! I think AG needs to put out an African-American GOTY!!! Seriously!

Claire said...

I agree with your views on Lindsey - she's not very cute and her story doesn't seem too well developed. I love Kailey and Mia (asking for her for Christmas!!!) as well.

Wendy said...

I don't have Chrissa either, but I think she's a doll that doesn't tend to photograph well. She looks really blah in pictures, but the ones I have seen in person or in good pictures from people online look much better. AG really sucks with their photography... they never seem to flatter the dolls.

I'm still undecided about Kanani. We'll see. And I think it's lame that there hasn't been an African American GOTY. It's rather ridiculous, actually.

Anonymous said...

I reeeeeely want jess!!!! She is the best GOTY ever! Lanie comes next. I have Lanie and I am still deciding about Jess, i really want her! And aI liked Kanani at first, but I guess that was just because she was new and her dress and hair was really pretty. I guess I just liked her dress and hair. Her face isnt very flattering, Id rather get jess.

Alexis said...

Hi Gabby,
My 2 favorites are Nicki and Kanani. I don't really like Lindsey or Lanie very much.
-Alexis-

crazycrazyag said...

chrissa's brother didn't get concussion he almost did. i watched the movie. it was good