Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Kanani- shocking!

Hi! Personally, I have already decided that I don't like Kanani. And I can officially say it too. I saw some high quality photos after visiting I Love American Girl's blog and saw that she had a link to Kanani's catalogue photos too. You can check it out too HERE.
Wow. Kanani is by far the topic discussed on this blog that has sparked the most controversy, so please be nice to others. And I have to say wow......... she is not very cute, although if she had brown eyes, I might change my mind.
Actually, she looks like she has a pretty cool story, but the doll still isn't pretty.......
Her paddle board is really cute! I also really like that AG is still supporting National Wildlife Federation and they are continuing with Shine on Now. I will definitely think of purchasing a Hawaiian Monk Seal.
I am super excited for American Girl's 25th birthday!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!! It will be so cool!!!!!! I would love to take a trip on the cruise, but it's probably expensive....
I love the idea of the 25th Birthday Mini Dolls! It's such a creative way, although I probably can't afford to buy a mini doll every month, but I am looking forward to buying Kaya's, Felicity's, and Kirsten's! (I may also buy Julie for Kaylen.)

So, what do you think?
~Gabby

16 comments:

Anne said...

Oh my goodness! A cruise ship!!! That would be a dream for me to go on! SO COOL! I'm so excited for their 25th anniversary!

Hannah said...

Gabby, I respect your opinions, but I think she's pretty. I might get her! Hannah

Rebekah said...

I think Kanani is pretty cute. I don't think I'll buy her, though. I'm not so crazy about her clothes. They seem way to 'girly'.

Katrina said...

I can't belive they are taking a cruise! I'm with you about the eyes! When you find out more info about the 25th anniversery can you post more please?

Claire said...

Personally, I like Kanani, but if she had brown eyes I would probably give in a lot more - and I'm not so sure she's what I expected. I do like her pajamas, though. As far as the cruise goes, I think that would be cool (and expensive).

Well, if we met up in Dallas, I guess that would be our way of celebrating 25 years of AG!

Gabrielle said...

I agree with you. I was really anticipating seeing her, and she disappointed me.
I don't like her mold or her eyes. and the hair isn't my favorite either. ah well. I'm interested to see what she will look like when other people get her and post photos.
-gabrielle

Caelen said...

Oh I just LOVE Kanani but her first outfit dosn't seem very Hawiian.

Maeve said...

Kanani = disappointment, she's not as ugly as I thought but I'm still preferring Lanie, the doll I don't like all that much.

However, the minidoll thing is cute! I'm not sure who I'd buy {if any!} though.

Sitara said...

Hmm, Kanani is...interesting. I personally don't care for her eye colour with her hair and skin, but I do think she'd be very pretty with a different eye colour.
I really like what AG is doing with the NWF and the monk seal. The plush is also adorable :D
And the minis! Oh, the minis! I think I have to get mini Samantha and Felicity...As for the others, I *think* this is who they are:
(L-R on the shelf starting after Felicity) Kirsten, Addy, Molly, Josefina (I think, because the veil),
(L-R bottom shelf) Kaya, Kit, Julie, Rebecca
And there's two wild card spaces...I kinda hope it's Nellie and Elizabeth! I would love to have minis of Samantha, Felicity, Nellie, and Elizabeth as holiday commemoratives because they were my childhood dolls (and the only one I've got left is Samantha).

Katrina said...

I was going to do the ecard thing but then I talked to my mom and she said I shouldn't because all it is doing is giving AG other people's email and trying to promote AG.

Doodledog said...

I can see where you're coming from with Kanani. I think she would be prettier with brown eyes, but I also believe she is cute on her own, and I really like her hair (me being the dolls-with-long-hair-lover).

-Doodledog
agirlandherdolls.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, but I also have to agree. Kanani isn't as cute as I thought . . . oh well! :-D

Elisha said...

I like her Paddle Boat costume. But I agree if she had brown eyes she would be cuter. I do like her hair though!

Allison's AG World said...

I can't wait to get her! She is beautiful!

Amanda and the Girls said...

OMG I love this all! I'm using that paddle boat as a surfboard!! :) YEAH! In the first pic she looks nice, but in the second one she looks kinda weird-ish. In the third she looks good again. I love the cruise thing! Looks like fun! Haha, maybe I can get my parents to crack and let me go. ;) I mean, the mini-dolls are ok, maybe I'll get one for my friend, she doesn't have any AG Dolls. Thanks bye! <3

1234miagirl said...

OH MY GOSH a cruise my mom dosent like cruise ships basically ruined my chance to go on that cruise but hey maybe I can convince my dad my dad is a sucker LOL I am getting Kanani tomorrow just because I think she will be a wonderful addition to my collection and I always get the GOTY