Saturday, December 4, 2010

Photo Tutorial: Macro

Hey! Today in this post, I am giving everyone who like to get better at photography, a small tutorial on using Macro for closeups.


Macro is a very cool feature! It allows the user to have closeups and it's available on most cameras. To use, simply push the Macro button on you camera. It looks like this:
So, tap the flower button and bam!, you're on Macro. This is a very easy feature to use and it's especially for closeups. See here:
This is one of my favorite pictures. I used Macro to make this. All you do is focus on one thing and the camera will do the rest. However you have to make sure you aren't too close.....
If you are working with a simple camera (like I am) then the camera doesn't have as good as macro as a higher-quality one may have. That's why it's very important to not get too close or too far away. If you want a great closeup, you can always crop out the extra space in a photo editing program.
Headshots are one of my favorite parts about Macro. They're easy, fun, and you can experiment with so many kinds. First, place your doll in an ideal setting, like a garden.
Then take a picture. Play with angles, photo settings, and backgrounds.
You can even try black and white!

I hope you guys enjoyed this simple tutorial! Would you like to see more? Comment below!

~Gabby

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Love it! I'm not sure if my camera has macro, though. I'd really like it if you'd post more tutorials, because I'm not that great at taking pictures:-/

Katrina said...

When is there going to be another post? Its almost been a week! I want another post from you!!